Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Why I Won't Buy Duplo

I found you!

I started this blog account just minutes after seeing a Duplo ad take over my reading pleasure on another blog site. I didn't get a screen shot of that ad, but I got it this time.

Why am I reading "the 'blog' of 'unnecessary' quotation marks"? I want to be amused.

Why will I NEVER allow Duplo products into my home? Because I'm not amused.

Advertising on the Internet is being driven by marketing weasels who just don't give a damn about driving customers away. They only care about getting in front of viewers' eyes. This product does nothing for the betterment of mankind. It does nothing to alleviate pain and suffering. All it does is keep your kids amused.

Sadly, it's such a poor product that the marketers can't draw a click without interrupting my purposeful browsing of blog content. It's stuck there on the right side bar of the blog just waiting for me to accidentally pass it over with my cursor. Given that the scroll bar is on the right side, I'm bound to hit it. It's bound to pop-up. I'm bound to hate them for their arrogance.

I don't come here for the ads. Yes. I see them. Yes, I've clicked them and bought products this way. But you'll have to wait for me to click your ad through patient application of appealing messages. Don't do it by pissing me off. Go away, Duplo. My young children are officially off your customer list.

No comments:

Post a Comment